CORDEN BIOCHEM (FRANKFURT, DE)
- >> Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) of microbial fermentation, technical enzymes and the application of biocatalysis for the synthesis of intermediates and APIs
- >> Process development and characterization from initial pilot scale (2 x 3m³) to industrial large-scale up to 120m³-scale, including process validation
- >> Capability to handle a wide range of organisms (e.g. fungi, E.coli, Pichia, Bacillus, other yeast) as non-GMO organisms and GMO-organisms up to BSL 1
- >> Dedicated cell bank preparation facility and maintenance with redundant equipment and controls
- >> On-site anaerobic and aerobic waste treatment
- >> Broad range of downstream unit operations from Broth separation via separators (nozzle), cell disruption via homogenisation, concentration via ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis to immobilization of enzymes
- >> Enzyme product types
- >> Whole cell catalysts
- >> Stabilized ultrafiltrates
- >> Immobilized enzymes
- >> Expertise in development and large-scale production of immobilized enzymes using various carriers
- >> Fully controlled fermentation plant using Process Analytical Technology (PAT)
- >> Continuous & batch sterilisation
- >> Cleaning In Place (CIP) and Sanitization In Place (SIP) for Fermentation and Enzyme plant
- >> German authorities, 2017
- >> FDA, 2016
- >> Kosher / Halal, 2018 / 2018
- >> HACCP, 2018
- >> FSSC 22000 in preparation
- >> FAMi-QS scheduled for 2018
- >> DIN EN ISO 14001 Environmental management systems - Requirements with guidance for use (ISO 14001:2009) – 2017
- >> DIN EN ISO 50001 Energy management systems - Requirements with guidance for use (ISO 50001:2011) - 2017
- >> Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems OSHAS 18001- 2017
Related Products & Platforms
Corden BioChem, located in Hoechst near Frankfurt, Germany, is one of the world's largest industrial manufacturing partners, with a total fermentation reactor capacity of 3000m³ for biotechnology-derived product supply to the pharmaceutical and fine chemicals industries.
Formerly a manufacturing facility of Sandoz (the generics business of Novartis), CordenBioChem are pioneers in applying green chemistry for intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), and are one of the largest custom manufacturers for fermentation processes in Europe. For sixty years they have implemented and optimized large-scale fermentation, downstream, biocatalysis and synthesis processes with world-class efficiency, quality and reliability.
Being owned by ICIG, the Corden BioChem facility serves as a connection between the synthetic cGMP capabilities of CordenPharma and the non-GMP manufacture of chemicals in their sister company Weylchem.
- >> 1863 - Foundation as 'Farbwerke Hoechst AG'
- >> 1998 - Aquisition of ‘Fermentationsverbund‘ from Hoechst Marion Roussell (Antibiotics Production) by Biochemie GmbH (affiliate of Novartis)
- >> 2003 - Re-Branding to Sandoz, the Generics Division of Novartis
- >> 2016 - Aquisition by International Chemical Investor Group to become Corden BioChem GmbH